[1] Archiv / MLD 3.x / General / Remote Xbmc

Offline eyeamok

• View Profile
Remote Xbmc
« on: January 01, 2013, 14:40:11 »
When I start XBMC the remote does not work, it is still operating VDR, I know this because when I exit XBMC with keyboard channel and volume and... has changed according to what I pushed on remote while  in XBMC to see if remote works.

Remote Install-  after initial install, from quick setup page I select
MCE remote on usb and then remote-autodetect downloads and installs dvb-remote,eventlircd,inputlirc, remote then works in VDR until reboot. The way I fixed it was to add this (--lirc=/var/run/lirc/lircd) to VDR Call arguments in Setup/TV/VDR. Now it works in VDR but not in XBMC
 How do I get remote to work in XBMC?? .  I also get "webserver failed to start" when XBMC starts.

In remote section
Remote Control = Blank
Lirc Driver = lirc serial
Lirc Call Arguments = /dev/ttyS0 uart none
Lirc Remote = blank

edit lircd_conf shows a Blank file.

This is the way it looks after initial install using remote-autodetect and selecting MCE remote on USB

Thank You

Offline eyeamok

• View Profile
Remote Xbmc
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2013, 03:00:42 »
OK I finally got it working right. uninstalled inputlirc, went into remote settings and selected corresponding remote and lirc remote, saved. removed command from VDR call line and rebooted. Everything works now even in XBMC, I only had to change one button in remote.conf file for proper operation of remote. I don't think all the keys are ported to XBMC properly,  STOP button did not work in Navi-X ?? So the answer is simple DO not USE remote Autodetect from quicksetup after install. Just setup manually. I still get webserver failed to start in XBMC??

[1] Archiv / MLD 3.x / General / Remote Xbmc

Users Online Users Online