[1] Archiv / MLD 4.x / Raspberry PI / Problem with rpi + MLD 4.0.1 + Anysee dual dvb tuner

Offline monttukani

• View Profile
Problem with rpi + MLD 4.0.1 + Anysee dual dvb tuner
« on: February 17, 2015, 21:50:56 »
Hi, and thanks for this great distribution! I've been following this project for a few years, but lack of finnish keyboard layout has kept MLD unsuitable for my htpc installation until now.

I have MLD installed on a RPi B+ and i have activated both video licenses, but i can't get any tv signal.

I have Anysee E30 combo usb dvb interface which has both dvb-t and dvb-c tuners (dvb-c is the one i need)

By looking at the system messages it seems that anysee is found and loaded.
But channel scan reports "no usable card found",
using a existing channels.conf the OSD says "channel not available" and no /dev/dvb -folder is created.

Code: [Select]
usb 1-1.4: dvb_usb_v2: found a 'Anysee' in warm state
usb 1-1.4: dvb_usb_anysee: firmware version 1.2 hardware id 15
usb 1-1.4: dvb_usb_v2: will pass the complete MPEG2 transport stream to the software demuxer
DVB: registering new adapter (Anysee)
usb 1-1.4: DVB: registering adapter 0 frontend 0 (Philips TDA10023 DVB-C)...
usb 1-1.4: DVB: registering adapter 0 frontend 1 (Zarlink ZL10353 DVB-T)...
usbcore: registered new interface driver dvb_usb_anysee

I have tried connecting anysee directly to rpi and also suplying additional power to it with a dual head usb cable and 1200mAh charger. It doesn't make any difference.
Also blacklisting Zarlink module and forcing Phillips module doesn't help.
The RPi it self is powered by 2400mAh power supply.

Upload code is: FrhdOk

Sorry for english and thanks for any help. :)

Offline Torsten73

• Expert Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2015, 13:10:16 »
i am not sure what advice i can give, but better a little one than no one:
- dvb-c and dvb-s isn´t working fine on raspi b(+) due to to usb limitations. but generally you can see channels. whereas dvb-t would work fine.
- i don´t know how the pre defined channel list will work with different tuner types. never tested it. but i think choosing the right channel category will work. Are you receiving german cable? Every provider has its own channel list.
- doing a manual scan is often difficult . often wscan doesn´t work because maybe no one here needed it.
- you can upload a working channels.conf from webif. thats the safest way to test it.

have you testet the anysee tuner with mld on an usual pc?

in fact, the raspi is a good streaming client, but not a fully functional standalone receiver. With this background, does it make sense to spend time in fixing it? What would you expect from your raspi?
Gruß
Torsten

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
System 1: Beebox N3150 MLD 5.3
System 2: Proxmox Ve mit OMV, MLD 5.1 Server
System 3+4: ITX Atom 525 Nvidia Ion MLD 5.1

Offline monttukani

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2015, 11:59:33 »
Hi, thanks for your reply.
I scanned a chanel list with w-scan on my laptop and uploadad it to the rpi.
OSD reports "chanel not available on every chanel"
I tested mld 3.0.2 on a pc 2 years ago,  Anysee worked back then but i was not able to get sound from mobo integrated soundcard...

I was afraid it is a harware limitation... The goal of my project currently is to make a low power consuming set-top box and hdd recorder that can be left on 24/7 and controlled with smartphone. I have old crt tv's without a scart interface in every room of my house, digital flatscreen in livingroom (vintage electronics is one of my passions) Idea is to take signal from the 3.5mm rca through RF-converter and stream it with coaxial cable across the house. Then i would have the same picure every tv and change the chanel remotely.

[1] Archiv / MLD 4.x / Raspberry PI / Problem with rpi + MLD 4.0.1 + Anysee dual dvb tuner

Users Online Users Online